During the spring 2021 semester, the Recreation Center will be open for students to play basketball and tennis only. Each court that is being utilized for basketball is limited to two students max per half court and tennis will be up to four students max.
For basketball, students will only be permitted to shoot around. Games that involve face to face interaction are not allowed such as 1v1, knockout, or 21. However, students will be permitted to play games that are socially distant such as HORSE.
Students will be required to reserve a timeslot for the basketball courts by using Atleto. Please read all the information below regarding when open rec will be offered and how to reserve a basketball court.
Open Rec Hours
Starting date Monday, February 22nd
Monday – Friday
8:00pm – 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
Hours will differ
(**Please follow us on social media @tcnjrecwell for the latest information on weekend hours)
All TCNJ students, faculty, and staff will be required to reserve a time slot at the Rec Center in order to shoot around. All time slots will end 40 minutes after the hour. This means all users must exit the facility at 45 minutes after the hour.
In order to track reservations, all TCNJ students, faculty, and staff must download the Atleto app. Below are instructions on how to make a reservation at the Rec Center:
- Follow the instructions on your phone
- After downloading the ‘Atleto’ Application, input: First name, Last name, Email, and Preferred Password. Please be sure to utilize your TCNJ email when creating your profile.
- You will be prompted to add the activities of your interest. Feel free to add as many as you like
- TCNJ students will automatically be accepted and be able to start making Rec Center reservations
Once you have made your account (@tcnj.edu) it will be active immediately and you will be able to make a reservation for a court within the Rec Center.
Making a Reservation: Click here for a video tutorial
- Log in to your ATLETO account
- Navigate to the “Me” icon on the bottom right of screen
- Select “My Bookings”
- Select “Make a booking”
- Choose the Rec Center facility for which you would like to make a reservation
- You will be able to see all the courts. Select your court and all available reservation times for the next 48 hours will be visible. (If a reservation time is filled you will notice a red dot next to that time and a message will direct you to choose another time)
- Choose your reservation and it will be saved into your bookings list in date order.
- You may sign up for only one reservation per day.
- You can only make three reservations a week
- A notification will be sent via a banner on your device 3 hours prior to your reservation to remind you of your scheduled time.
- You can unregister by choosing ‘Cancel Booking’ (swiping left on your booking) up to an hour before the reservation begins.
- While shooting around, a notification will appear 15 minutes prior to the end of your reservation to remind you of the time remaining.
Upon arrival to the Rec Center, you must have your mask on properly covering your mouth and nose and then complete the following to be allowed entry into the facility:
- Show your green health pass from the TCNJ ROAR App
- Have your temperature taken by Rec Center Staff
- Temperature must be under 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit for admittance
- Check into your court reservation you made on Atleto
- Scan the Rec Center QR Code using the TCNJ ROAR App
- Show your TCNJ photo ID to staff worker and self-swipe your TCNJ ID at the front desk card reader
- Head straight down the stairs to your assigned court
- Follow maps, signage, and floor markings for safe entrance, exit, and movement throughout the facility
- Reservations on the Atleto app must be made in advance! If you do not have a reservation, you will not be allowed into the facility
- Reservations can be made 48 hours in advance
- Only allowed entry into the facility once a day, max three times a week
- Bathrooms will be limited to hand washing and restroom use only
- Water bottle filler will be accessible but water fountains will be closed
- All existing Rec Center rules and guidelines remain in effect
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES!