The Department of Recreation and Wellness offers CPR, First Aid and AED certification classes for the TCNJ community.
We offer Adult only classes or Adult and Pediatric classes utilizing the American Red Cross certification. The class is a blended learning format, which means all students will be required to complete an online portion before the scheduled class time. The online portion will take roughly 2.5 hours and the in-class portion will be roughly 1.5 hours. We can do an entire in-class certification by request only, but it must be for a group of at least 6 people and the class will take 4-6 hours.
Classes cost $40 per person. Students can pay with TCNJ Get It Points or by check made out to “TCNJ”.
For instructions on how to add points to your Student ID, please visit How to Add Get-It Points.
How to register for a pre-scheduled class:
1. Fill out the CPR/FA/AED registration form below and select the class you want to participate in. You must register at least 24 hours in advance of the class.
2. After we receive your registration form, we will charge your Get It account. Once we confirm payment, we will send you a confirmation email with the link to the online portion of the class.
3. If we reach our limit of 10, you will be placed on the wait list and notified. You will be contacted if an available spot opens.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
How to request a class for your group or organization:
1. Fill out the CPR/FA/AED certification class request form below.
2. You will be contacted within 72 hours to confirm a date and time. At this point you will need to submit a list of participants. Classes must have a minimum of 4 people and a max of 10.
3. Once payment for each member is confirmed, they will be sent the link to the online portion.
Note: If your class has less than 10 people, we may fill the class with other people who want to be certified.